I have ripped a PIX apart and it is a Pentium PC with a flash device for
storage.  Oh, it also has a floppy drive, which must be why it's so
expensive ;-)  Actually, Cisco is perfectly happy to overcharge for parts
that you could find elsewhere.  One such example is RAM:  Cisco charges
$1200 for the same 64MB of RAM you could pick up at CompUSA for under $200.
Of course, if you use RAM other than what Cisco provides, you invalidate the
warranty on the router.

000d01c01395$47679740$[EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:000d01c01395$47679740$[EMAIL PROTECTED]...