Actually I thought that was my mistake at first.  Unfortunately it was not.  Issuing a ? at the sub-interface prompt does not list "encapsulation" as a valid command.

/Jared

 ----Original Message-----
From: John Hardman [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2000 12:51 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: ISL on sub-if

Hi

Make sure you specify the encapsulation before the IP address.

HTH
--
John Hardman, CCNP MCSE+I

Group-

I have 2 2924 and a 2620 I am trying to practice routing between VLANs.  The trunk between the switches is okay.  When I create the sub-if on the router and try to run encap isl 2, it barks at me that this is an unrecognized command... ie "encapsulation" is not a valid command.  I am running 12.0(3)T3 code on the router.  Am I just missing something obvious?

Thanks

/Jared