You have to remember that VLANS are logical entitiies, not physical.  The
amount of redundancy that they provide will be inversely related to the
reliability of the physical networks that they are situated in, regardless
of the fact that VLANS in design and concept are used to circumvent said
physical networks.  So if your configuration is solid and your physical
networks are concrete you should be fine.

http://www.groupstudy.com/list/Associate-Announcement.html