On Sat, 9 Sep 2000, Zafar wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have tried connecting via Windows NT dialup and was successfully
> authenticated. But it fails when I dial from router what does this suggest?

Make sure that you aren't trying to authenticate your ISP.  Also, your ISP
may only accept CHAP and you're using PAP.  Or, try MS-CHAP in the event
they're using Microsoft's CHAP.

Also note that case is important.  Does your password start with a numeral?
If a 5 or 7, there may be problems with Cisco parsing the password.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/