At 06:33 PM 9/12/00, Luobin Yang wrote:
>Dear Priscilla,
>
>Thanks for your reply. I do have a copy of Routing TCP/IP. I am not sure,
>but I think by using the command "area 2 nssa no-redistribution" , we can
>turn off the P-bit.

But wouldn't that cause other routers in area 2 to lose their route to
172.16.30.0? The case studies in the OSPF chapter talk more about this
issue. Unfortunately, they don't use quite the same topology as you are
using, but perhaps you can translate what they say to your topology.

>But my question is that why in a totally stubby area, there exists
>situations that External routes could be flooded into? Totally stubby area
>should block type 3, type 4 and type 5 LSAS.

I can't say why. I think you would have to talk to the OSPF protocol
designers. They must have thought there was some good reason for it or they
wouldn't have invented the P-bit. Where are Howard and Pamela when we need
them? Actually, I know that Howard is at the RIPE and European Operators
Forum....

Priscilla