Priscilla,
          Good point! In his example Doyle also shows that with the use of
the;

area X no-redistribution "no-summary"

the no-redistribution blocks the type 7 LSA's from being sent into the NSSA
which will also cause area 2 to loose it route to network 172.16.x.x.
However with the addition of the "no-summary" command it allows for a type 3
LSA to advertise the default route therefore allowing access to all external
networks without area 2's router having a route in it Routing Information
Base(RIB).

Nigel

http://profiles.msn.com.