Like everything else, When it's new everyone wants a piece, can you talk to anyone who has used it for at least 5 years, I doubt it.
Whoever is placing the future of their company on this brand new technology better think twice.
If you are smart, you better have an ole reliable Cisco box sitting close by, just in case Juniper comes up with an error, the technical support has not even seen yet, and You wouldn't know that would you, who can you call and compare with, NOBODY.
New technology is fine and good, but rest assure there will be bugs, don't even fool yourself, because if you do, YOU won't be in this field very long.
Just a thought, a technical ONE.

MR wrote:

Juniper products are much faster and cute. Look like your company is in right direction. Note... routing and session concept is going to go when optical products available. Cisco do not have time to figure out new technology...know only buying companies and making CCIE’s.Martin
"Nova Rich" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message [EMAIL PROTECTED]">news:[EMAIL PROTECTED]...Help guys,

My company wants to buy Juniper routers instead of Cisco. Having never worked with Juniper equipment before I don't know why it's so good.

I'm told that it's faster, cheaper and has a smaller foot print? What's a foot print? Is it really better then Cisco?

Nova Rich