timing or incorrect lmi type..  If its a newer ios with autosensing lmi then
it is probably a timing or circuit issue...  Is it a T1 and did you set your
timeslots?

-----Original Message-----
From: Hans Stout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 1:25 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Frame Relay problem

Hi colleagues,

I have a problem with my frame relay connection; the serial interface is
up/down, and when I debug the serial interface, I can see that the interface

is constantly trying to restart:23w5d:

Serial5/0: attempting to restart:
--More--
23w5d: Serial5/0(out): StEnq, myseq 4, yourseen 0, DTE down
--More--
23w5d: Serial5/0(out): StEnq, myseq 5, yourseen 0, DTE down

What could be the reason for this ? I'll add the output for the sh int:

Serial5/0 is up, line protocol is down
  Hardware is M4T
  MTU 1500 bytes, BW 2048 Kbit, DLY 20000 usec,
     reliability 255/255, txload 1/255, rxload 1/255
  Encapsulation FRAME-RELAY, crc 16, loopback not set
  Keepalive set (10 sec)
  LMI enq sent  240, LMI stat recvd 0, LMI upd recvd 0, DTE LMI down
  LMI enq recvd 0, LMI stat sent  0, LMI upd sent  0
  LMI DLCI 1023  LMI type is CISCO  frame relay DTE
  FR SVC disabled, LAPF state down
  Broadcast queue 0/64, broadcasts sent/dropped 0/0, interface broadcasts 0
  Last clearing of "show interface" counters 00:39:54
  Queueing strategy: fifo
  Output queue 0/40, 0 drops; input queue 0/75, 0 drops
     0 packets input, 0 bytes, 0 no buffer
     0 input errors, 0 CRC, 0 frame, 0 overrun, 0 ignored, 0 abort
     354 packets output, 4649 bytes, 0 underruns
     80 carrier transitions     DCD=up  DSR=up  DTR=up  RTS=up  CTS=u

Thanks for your help in advance.

Georg

http://profiles.msn.com.