On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, Fred Flinstone wrote:

> ok here it goes....
>
> we have a customer we manage that is incurring CRC'c, input errors etc on
> there serial interface.

new install or working install?

> 1. stress tested the circuit many times from the frame cloud through the csu
> as good

What type of loopbacks did you do? (different loopbacks only go thru
different parts of circuitry in a csu)

> 2.  tries verious cables
> 3. there are no interface modules i believe its a 2500 something router but
> i can check

if its a 2500, and you suspect possible serial port problem you can always
try the other serial port for good measure, although hardware failure is
probably low on the list I would say.

> 4. the only times crc's cross the link (verified by a protocol analyzer) is
> when we telnet from our management platform to the site...even if i just
> enter one character in the telnet session crc's increment

Are you seeing carrier transitions on one end and interface resets on the
other?

> 5. if you telnet from a neighboring router or dial in this produces no crc's
> what so ever.
> -
> we have 3rd level engineers looking at this  i bet if you find an answer I
> could get you a nice paying job...:)   (well maybe)
> -
> any help would be appreiciated

Brian