Another thing to look at is how they are testing.  If
you have a full T1 then you can have them run a 'round
robin with multi pattern' stress test.  This will
break any marginal component.  Some telco's will tell
you that you can't test that way on a frame circuit,
but that is only if you are not running all 24
cahnnels.

Also, are they doing head to head testing, this will
force the LEC to actually plug into the smartjack and
test from there.  But there is charges to this one if
they don't find a problem.
--- Fred Flinstone <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> ok here it goes....
>
> we have a customer we manage that is incurring
> CRC'c, input errors etc on
> there serial interface.
>
> 1. stress tested the circuit many times from the
> frame cloud through the csu
> as good
> 2.  tries verious cables
> 3. there are no interface modules i believe its a
> 2500 something router but
> i can check
> 4. the only times crc's cross the link (verified by
> a protocol analyzer) is
> when we telnet from our management platform to the
> site...even if i just
> enter one character in the telnet session crc's
> increment
> 5. if you telnet from a neighboring router or dial
> in this produces no crc's
> what so ever.
> -
> we have 3rd level engineers looking at this  i bet
> if you find an answer I
> could get you a nice paying job...:)   (well maybe)
> -
> any help would be appreiciated
> -
> thanks...kyle

> http://www.hotmail.com.
>
> Share information about yourself, create your own
> public profile at
> http://profiles.msn.com.
>
> **NOTE: New CCNA/CCDA List has been formed. For more
> information go to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]