From: Fred Flinstone [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 10, 2000 7:32 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: challenge problem

ok here it goes....

we have a customer we manage that is incurring CRC'c, input errors etc on
there serial interface.

1. stress tested the circuit many times from the frame cloud through the csu

as good
2.  tries verious cables
3. there are no interface modules i believe its a 2500 something router but
i can check
4. the only times crc's cross the link (verified by a protocol analyzer) is
when we telnet from our management platform to the site...even if i just
enter one character in the telnet session crc's increment
5. if you telnet from a neighboring router or dial in this produces no crc's

what so ever.
-
we have 3rd level engineers looking at this  i bet if you find an answer I
could get you a nice paying job...:)   (well maybe)
-
any help would be appreiciated
-
thanks...kyle