Jims right, due to spanning tree, I dont believe you can do it in the
fashion you describe.  The only way I know to do this is if you have
mulitple vlans on the access layer switch, have the port priority or root
bridge for x vlans
travel on link 1 while port priority or root bridge for y vlans travel link
2.  This will actively use both links for traffic, and provide redundancy in
case of link failure (spantree is recalculated and all vlans travel
available link).
-jm

F387C9D3CA43D31190E80090278A758E514034@CHPT0000SE04">news:F387C9D3CA43D31190E80090278A758E514034@CHPT0000SE04...