You know, Charles, I've been pondering this setup for a while now. ( See -
you did too get me after all! :-> )

Now I already posted the wisecrack about the mess in the middle, and whether
or not you would even be able to get IP connectivity end to end here.

RouterA: ethernet EIGRP, serial=OSPF
RouterB: serial1= OSPF, serial2=BGP
RouterC: serial 1=BGP, serial2=OSPF
RouterD: serial1=OSPF, ethernet=EIGRP

As an intellectual exercise, I'm sure many of us can put together some
configurations that work. The redistribution should not be al that bad,
albeit a bit unusual.

I'm wondering, though, about that BGP piece in the middle. Gonna use static
routes from B to C?

Also - is my concept of the layout correct? Are your tunnel end points going
to be the two ethernet interfaces?

I'm just wondering about the mechanics here.

Damn you, Charles, now you done it! You are indeed an evil one :->

Chuck

Cthulu's question corner:

Given:

EIGRP 1 RTRA OSPF RTB BGP RTR C OSPF RTRD EIGRP1

I want RTRD and RTRA to become EIGRP peers and do the exchange routing
update thing.  Granted, they are not directly connected, and do not share a
common subnet.   If I set up a GRE tunnel between D and A, the picture then
becomes:

EIGRP1  RTRA <---tunnel---> RTRD EIGRP1

The tunnel becomes the common network, and therefore, EIGRP should be able
to work.  Only thing I am not sure about is the source interfaces for this
tunnel will be different at each end (that is, each source interface will be
in a different subnet).    I don't have my rack online to test this out, so
would appreciate any comments.

Thoughts,  anyone?

Flames to:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Charles