I reread Brian's post and understand what he's saying. Basically it's a case
for not using "ip unnumbered ethernet0" and assigning an ip address to each
BRI interface making the point-to-point link between them its own subnet
with the ethernet side of each router being on yet another subnet (3 subnets
total).

I've done that to avoid routing problems on routers where I have a bank of
BRI interfaces that would otherwise be using the same ip unnumbered
interface, but in your case I'd leave it like it is.

David Armstrong