Less buggy systems? What, and put us all out of work? ;->

Technology is like the tax code.... The more perfect you try to make it, the
more work it creates for those whose job it is to guide people through it.

Uh uh. I say throw out the machines and go back to quill pen and parchment.
I mean, consider that with such primitive tools were written the Magna
Carta, the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, the English
Bill of rights, the Gettysburg Address.

Take a look around your local Walden Books to see the output of our current
technology.  I mean, is there anyone who will argue that Isaac Asimov's
writing improved after he started using word processors instead of
typewriters?

By the way, do you all realize that in the very first presidential election
in this country, in a nation of nine million people, voters could choose
among George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Benjamin
Franklin, John Jay, John Adams.

Today, in a nation of a quarter of a billion, we get to choose among Gore,
Bush, Nader, and Buchanan. This of course proves that Darwin was wrong.
 old joke, but works even better than it did 30 years ago ;-> )

As for what we do - routers make the internet happen, the internet in turn
supposedly makes it possible for us to communicate better, and we still have
people on this list asking how many questions are on the test and what's the
passing score.

So much for the "information" age.

Guess I should go back to my studying. Curmudgeons need not apply.

Chuck