From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of
Montgomery, Robert WARCOM Contractor
Sent:   Friday, December 01, 2000 10:03 AM
To:     cisco
Subject:        RE: O/T ballots-per-second musings

Our Head Voter Guy (Office of Registrar) said that it would cost San Diego
County $10 million to equip the country with computers for election
purposes.  He estimated a cost of $4k/$5k per computer.  I wonder which
outfit is offering the 200% markup?  I can't believe that computers still
can not take a more active role in tabulation of votes, at the polls and
after the election.