Hi all...

    I have a slight problem and I know you people can help.  I have a
question regarding OSPF behavior and the loopback address.  Our backbone is
running OSPF and we have installed a Cache-Flow server to cache webpages.
The cache-flow does not support OSPF so I attempted to redistribute OSPF
into RIP.  I use a private address for the loopback on all of our routers
and the advertisement to the cacheflow shows the loopback as the interface
the advertisement is coming from.  So, say a network of 192.168.5.1 lies of
router A's serial port, the loopback address of that router is 10.0.2.2, and
the ethernet interface is 172.16.0.2 - note - all devices share a common
ethernet segment.  The route in the cache-flow is:  192.168.5.1 via 10.0.2.2
even though the ethernet address is a totally different network. Can someone
explain why this is happening and what I can do about it?  I have static
routes configured now, but I would like to make it dynamic if possible.

Thanks,
--
Anthony Anderson CCNA
Manager-Data Network Engineering

"Man's life, as required by his nature, is not the life of a mindless brute,
of a looting thug or a mooching mystic,
 but the life of a thinking being -- not life by means of force or fraud,
but life by means of achievement." - Ayn Rand