Actually the question that I asked Cisco was whether their tests are
adaptive such that they give you a "bye" on some topics if you obviously
know them and test you extensively on topics you appear not to know. Their
answer was, "no." This was from the Cisco Training Department who manages
the Cisco Career Certifications. I never asked the question of the CCIE
department, but I think the answer would be the same.

I haven't asked Cisco about the survey, but I find it very hard to believe
that they would change the test based on the survey. I think the disclaimer
warns you about the scoring changing based on the survey because, if you
say you are an instructor, you must get a higher grade to pass.

The survey helps Cisco validate the test. Think about it from the
test-writer's point of view. If the test writer writes a question that he
thinks is really hard, but everyone gets it right, even the people who
report not having a lot of experience, then the test question is not valid.
If the test writer writes a question that only the inexperienced people get
right and all the experienced people miss, then the test question is not
valid. If the test writer writes a question that is meant to be very hard,
and only the people with the most experience get it right, then that is a
valid question. I think that's what the survey is for.

If they really changed the test based on the survey, what would stop
someone from claiming no experience so they would get easier questions? (Or
does it supposedly work the other way?)

Changing the questions based on the survey would be as ugly as trying to
change a presidential election based on confusing criteria for what's a
valid vote and what's not. &;-)

Priscilla