From: Bradley J. Wilson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, December 22, 2000 8:14 AM
To: cisco
Subject: Re: what is a CSU/DSU?

Folks, is it really necessary to pounce on someone for asking an occasional
"simple" question?  Okay, so CSU/DSUs are basic networking gear.  But guess
what: *none* of the CCNA material I studied ever went into any great detail
on what exactly this thing was or did, and coming from the technical
training side of the house never dealt with one until very recently.  Other
examples: I have no idea what a "punch-down block" or a "patch panel" is.
Maybe I've dealt with them before and would know if someone said "*That* is
a patch panel," but the fact is that most of the CC** materials only focus
on the routers and switches, and not so much on the peripheral yet essential
devices.

So, in other words, back off when someone asks a question you think is
"beneath" you or this group.  Just don't answer if you don't want to.  But
there are lots of valid, basic questions out there that yes, even CCNP/IE
candidates would like answers to.  It would be a shame if they felt they
weren't "allowed" to ask those questions here.

Sincerely,

Bradley J. Wilson
Who, despite being a CCNA, CCDA, MCSE, CNX-A, NNCSS, MCT and CTT, does not
know what a punch-down block is.  Sue me.