Just to expand in a small way on Leroy's comments, you can find them as
external devices which connects the line to the router (or other DTE device)
or as an internal or integrated device module which you can install directly
on the router..dj

Here is a link to a page at www.alliancedatacom.com which should provide you
the information you need to get a better understanding of what a CSU/DSU is
and how it works as well as a couple of tutorials.  No flames please, I do
not have a relationship with Alliancedatacom.

Hope this helps

"Leroy Burns" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
C734BD865F91D3118383009027DE092242B5DF@EXCHANGE2">news:C734BD865F91D3118383009027DE092242B5DF@EXCHANGE2...
> CSU/DSU
> stands for Channel Service Unit/Data Service Unit. This is the device
> connected to the incoming data communications line, usually a T1 or
> Fractional T1 line.
>
> Leroy

Other