Hi,

One of the things that bothers old guys like me is where are we heading.  More and
more stuff is being taught at higher levels but lets be fair there is more and more to
learn.

I have worked in the telecommunications and computing indutries for about 35 years.
This has me taking a different view to lots of others.  I do not suggest one needs to
know the intricies of cable termination and design, nor do you need to understand the
electrical operations of various circuits or how hardware and sofware hang together.

BUT, the more of this stuff you find out the easier things will be when there is no
book to guide you or when things break in an unexpected manner.

I try to teach the newer people woking with me that maybe not remember all the details
but know where to find them and don't forget people networking, boy that can save you
heaps.

Just a thought.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania