>You're pretty hip Howard.
>
>Woof..dj

Well, there are networking parables.  Presumably, if the place where
the dogs were before they were out is a multicast server, then
whoever let them out should be tracable back to an IGMP JOIN.

Unless, of course, this all took place at layer 2.

And I really want to avoid a discussion of whether or not ARF is
layer 2 or layer 3, much less reverse ARF and inverse ARF.  My
esteemed feline associate, Clifford, does do fairly good proxy ARF
while in native CAT mode.