The DLCIs aren't always given by the provider.  Depending on the provider
and how much busniness you do with them, you can request specific DLCIs.

The way we are doing it is multi-point frame connections from our central
offic to our remote office.

   All PVCs connecting to a given T1 at our central office use the same DLCI
at the HDQ site (201) and then use different DLCIs for each of the remote
sites (301-399)
   The next T1 at HDQ is given a different DLCI (202) and the remote sites
connecting to that T1 are again numbered (301-399)

When you have a lot of connections (around 7000 in our case) it makes it
easier to manage like this.  If there is a problem, we can use the DLCI pair
to identify which T1 it is in our HDQ, and which of the DLCI nubmers belongs
to the remote side of the connection.