Hi,

I think you may find that DLCI's are unique to a physical line.  A frame switch may
have several thousand lines attached to it.  Each one of these lines has a number not
all to dissimilar to a phone number.  Within each of these you can have a number of
channels these are the DLCI's.

For example, a line ZX123546L may be a 2Meg service from your router to a Frame
switch.  This may have attached 4 DCLI's 16,17,18,19.  Another service connected to
the same switch AZ54363D could also have DLCI's 16,17,18,19.  You may have a
connection (A PVC) from your DLCI 16 on line ZX123546L going to DLCI 16 in AZ54363D.
The other DCLI's might go to other switches other lines within the same switch or
another PVC to the same service.

The DLCI is between you and the switch on a particular line.  This is then considered
local to you.

That's how I understand it.

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania