Okay, after a tad more research, I've come up with the following config,
which corrects some mistakes and misunderstandings in my previous config.

interface Serial0
 ip address 10.1.1.254 255.255.255.0
 ip directed-broadcast 101
!
interface Serial1
 ip address 10.2.2.254 255.255.255.0
 ip directed-broadcast 102
!
access-list 101 permit udp host 10.1.1.1 any eq netbios-ns
access-list 101 permit udp host 10.1.1.1 any eq netbios-dgm
access-list 102 permit udp host 10.2.2.2 any eq netbios-ns
access-list 102 permit udp host 10.2.2.2 any eq netbios-dgm

Now, from what I can tell, this will do what I'm attempting, but I'd still
love to have your opinions because I have *zero* experience with netbios or
broadcast forwarding.  I'd hate to break one thing while trying to fix
another.  (gee, I've never done that before!)

Thanks again,
John