Hi Everybody,

Need some help on the following problem

I have 2 subnets configured on my LAN say ( x.x.1.0
and x.x.2.0 )with a SM of 255.255.255.0.
There are 2 Catalyst switches ( each one on a
different subnet)

The router is configured with a primary and a
secondary address on the ethernet port say x.x.1.1 and
x.x.2.1

When I ping a station on one subnet to another and
viceversa the response time is very high (sometimes
upto 80ms) while the response time while pinging in
the same subnet is less than 10ms.

Need some clues on the possible reasons for this

Thanks & Regards

Amit