One thing you can also try is to ping both interfaces
on the router from one of the hosts to see if it slows
over the router.  If it slows between the .1
interfaces then you may be running way to much
information over the router with an access-list that
is too complicated for a low end router (or one that
is low on memory.)   More then likely Tony's
suggestion will fix the issue from what i have seen.

Rick Thompson