What about the times when you ping from switch to switch? Is it slow when you
try that?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> Hi,
>
> 10 ms seems high on a switched network.
>
> I assume that both networks (Switches) have a trunk between each other and
> from one switch back to the router if you are using VLAN's.
>
> Check your ethernet interface on your router.  See what traffic it is
> doing.  Check for collisions, Late collisions, CRC's.
>
> Check the port on the switch connecting to the router.  Make sure the
> aggree on the port speed (they will or no comms) and the duplex settings
> (the most common problem).  DO NOT LEAVE THE SWITCH IN AUTO NEGOTIATE MODE.
>

> Just some thoughts.
>
> Teunis
> Hobart, Tasmania
> Australia
>

> On Tuesday, January 02, 2001 at 05:25:17 AM, Amit Gupta wrote:
>
> > Hi Everybody,
> >
> > Need some help on the following problem
> >
> > I have 2 subnets configured on my LAN say ( x.x.1.0
> > and x.x.2.0 )with a SM of 255.255.255.0.
> > There are 2 Catalyst switches ( each one on a
> > different subnet)
> >
> > The router is configured with a primary and a
> > secondary address on the ethernet port say x.x.1.1 and
> > x.x.2.1
> >
> > When I ping a station on one subnet to another and
> > viceversa the response time is very high (sometimes
> > upto 80ms) while the response time while pinging in
> > the same subnet is less than 10ms.
> >
> > Need some clues on the possible reasons for this
> >

> > Thanks & Regards
> >
> > Amit

Mark Zabludovsky ~ CCNA, CCDA, 1/2-NP
<A HREF="mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]">[EMAIL PROTECTED]</A>

     "Even if I knew I had only 1 more week to live, I would still schedule
my CCIE lab. I would just have to work a little harder I guess. After all,
without any goals in life, I'm dead already."
                                           ~Mark Zabludovsky~