Group,
  Which then I believe should obviously lead into the discussion- if VPN's
are today's PVC's then would it be appropriate to say that traffic
transported over the public internet with such a protocol as IPSec is just
as safe? and how do you know your enemies aren't working for that frame
provider -if they are using single DES they had better hope not. Are there
protocols now capable of providing enough security encryption for extremely
sensitive traffic to transit the public internet?