From:   [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Jim
Brown
Sent:   Monday, January 08, 2001 8:47 AM
To:     'Brian Lodwick'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: Frame Relay Security

There should not be different levels of encryption for traffic depending on
whether its frame or Internet transient. Your traffic is open to compromise
on the Internet or in a providers frame cloud. From a security viewpoint
neither one is more secure than the other.

It really boils down to acceptable risk vs. cost.

Just remember, you can never eliminate risk. There are always holes in your
security.

Any individual who is asking themselves should I use DES/3DES on a frame
connection should stop and look to see if they have a modem bank behind
their firewall.

Your security is only a strong as the weakest link.