I agree that the design itself is open to question. I am not so sure that
router_a is going to know what to do.

Chuck

-----Original Message-----
From:   Phil Barker [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent:   Tuesday, January 09, 2001 8:50 AM
To:     Chuck Larrieu; Stull, Cory; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject:        RE: ip route question

Hmmmm,
     Not so sure if it is a good idea though !!!
I tried this one time at work where I inserted a
static route to a network more than one hop away,
although I had "re-distribute static" on the EIGRP
configured router it created a wonderful little
routing loop and I went home late again.

Regs,

Phil.

--- Chuck Larrieu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > The
answer is that on Cisco equipment, anyway, one