I took the CCIE Security beta test(and studied for it), too, and I won't be
surprised to get similar results. It's a beta test! The exam outline was
good, but not great.  I'll bet you the test changes some when it goes live.
I've taken about 3 dozen cert tests and the thing I've noticed is that, with
Cisco tests, until you sit down to them, you really don't get a great feel
for how they'll be, and this one was that way.  It's my field, and I like
it, so I'll take this sucker as many times as I need to, and, God help me, I
enjoyed it.  I count myself lucky to get to take the beta and be in on the
ground floor of a CCIE that's going places.  It's the best fifty bucks I've
spent recently, whether I ever get the cert or not.  So now you've got a
look at it, you know your weaknesses, hang in there and you'll kill it, no
doubt.

Arthur Stewart, CISSP, CCNP-Security, MCSE+I, MCNE