[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I am starting to see a trend here.  I failed it by 2 points =P
When I took the exam, I was very confident that I would pass.
Now I am going to have to prepare for the worst when I take
the "real" CCIE Security exam.

I kind of had the feeling that the questions were too heavy
on stuff I could look up in a man page or IANA, instead of
actual real experience working with the products.  I mean,
I have been working with the Wheelgroup products since like
1995.  I have touched some very large Kerberos installations.
What was the deal with this test?

>From what I can remember, the only section I did bad on was
the first one, Security Protocols, where I got 40% correct.
OS section and Cisco (both sections) were all 85%  Others
were in between 60 and 70%.

This test was not quite as hard as the CCIE Design exam
which I failed by 6 and 8 points, but I would put them in the
same category of unnecesary difficulty and poorly designed
tests.  But the lab for CCIE Security is definitely going
to be the coolest :>  Maybe the CCIE SP lab will beat it.

Of course, there's always this new Cisco Security specialization:
CCNA -> MCNS -> CSPFA -> CSIDS -> CSVPN (CCNP not required anymore)

An interesting, albeit quick and easy path to certification.
I get the feeling that those exams are cake, however.

If we are just talking sheer numbers of pass/fail on
CCIE written exams, I am talking about:
Exam     Pass rate
R/S         42%
WAN         36%
ISP Dial    47%
SNA/IP      25%
Design      16%
Security    ??

So, these exams are pretty difficult because Cisco makes them
that way.  The Design exam, for sure.

Where do you think Security fits?  I am guessing 20%, but
I haven't heard anyone pass yet, so maybe it's much lower
then the Design 16% figure.

I will be interested in finding out how the CCIE SP written
exam will be structured.

-dre