Cisco has a zillion features for supporting the migration from an old-style
SNA/SDLC network to a newer TCP/IP based network that supports SNA. Here
are just a couple:

SDLLC is a Cisco Systems proprietary software feature that enables a device
on a Token Ring to communicate with a device on a serial link by
translating between LLC2 and SDLC at the link layer. There's more info here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/ibm_c/bcprt2/bcdinmt.htm

Cisco's STUN implementation allows Synchronous Data Link Control (SDLC)
protocol devices and High-Level Data Link Control (HDLC) devices to connect
to one another through a multiprotocol internetwork rather than through a
direct serial link. STUN encapsulates SDLC frames in either the
Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) or the HDLC
protocol. More info here:

http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/software/ios121/121cgcr/ibm_c/bcprt2/bcdstun.htm

Priscilla