Hi,
These are extracts from univer CD, and Cisco SAMM Aug 96.
Table  6: Release 10.0 Minimum Memory Requirements

Router      Required Code Memory  Required Main Memory  Release Runfro
IGS L/R/TR  N/A                   4 MB RAM              ROM

IGS L/R/TR and Cisco 3202
Support for the IGS/L, IGS/R, IGS/TR, and Cisco 3202 has been added to
Release 10.0(5)

* my ramblings,
It seems that the L and R have a slightly different architecture to the TR,
the TR can be upgraded to run from Flash, you need to change the chips on
the board, and set various
jumpers to enable this. L and R seem to have their system installed on
EPROMS (note not EEPROMS), and the systems run from ROM, I do not know what
the implication are for netbooting in this case.

I checked the release notes for 10.0 10.1 10.2 11.0, 10.0(5) seems to be the
last release for the IGS. Have a go at netbooting it.

It seems netbooting will avoid any potential issues with bootrom issues.
It also seems that before 9.1, you use a hardware config dip switch, after
this its is in S/W as per norm.

I dont know if there is much to be gained by going to 10.0(5) in terms of
funtionality, but its always fun to try these things.

Good luck,
steve.