I think that having two version of your resume is more
common these days - fancy formatting for print and
ASCII for eMail, etc. I PDF mine, and its three pages,
but the first page is summary and the last page is
education, certifications and associations. I think
that the length answer is three or under - if you've
got more then its either too dated or you've done too
much and aren't parsing out the important stuff.

When I review for hire I am amazed at the number of
gramatical and spelling errors, in addition to the
amount of silly stuff. Do I care that you belong to
the ski club? No. Do I enjoy seeing the letters CCNA
after your name like MD? Not when I'm hiring - in
fact, it puts you in place with the rest of the folks
instead of pulling you to the top.

One page these days, my opinion, is too sparse. Each
of the last five years should have at least four
bullets - that's good for a page in well zized text.
Another page for certs and education, and perhaps a
little bit for introduction - I personally hate the "I
want a job that..." Also, please DON'T use every font
and don't print double sided. Leave room for notes!!!
(Sorry for being a mother hen!)

For the certs on the resume - CCNA, CCNP..., it seems
like there are two camps - those that put it in for HR
and keyword search and those that don't want to work
for a company that is too stupid to understand the
relationship. (The position is too junior if they're
looking for NA...) That was the winning arguement,
althought for votes it was about 60-40 in favor of
putting them in. Thanks. My friend's resume is two
lines shorter and he is thankful. ;)

All the best.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====