here is my take (though I should crack the book open):

Since updates are sent only to routers on the same
sire (segment) then it would be true that a DR (and
BDR for that matter) is specified per eth segment.
You may want to look through the explanations for ABR,
ASBR and DR to clear the picture for yourself.

Moe Tavakoli.

--- ajwhitaker <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On page 553 of all-in-one ccie study guide, second
> edition, question 25
> states:
> There is one designated router per:
> a) workgroup
> b) area
> c) ethernet segment
> d) autonomous system
>
> The author lists the answer as (c) ethernet segment.
>  I'm a little confused,
> because I always thought that you need one OSPF
> designated router per area,
> and ospf could care less what segment you are on.
> Can someone confirm this
> for me?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

=====