yeah, that is a bit confusing.

for edition #1 it's question 40 and has the same answer.

In the section about Designated Routers, the term "network" is used.  So I
think it comes down to the definition of "ethernet segment".

In the hub/router days, everything attached to a router port was a "subnet"
especially since you can't have more than one interface in the same subnet.

Everything that fanned out from the router port is on the same segment or
wire.

Now in OSPF Network Design Solutions we get closer...... it states that:

"OSPF will designate a single router per multiaccess network to build
adjacencies among other routers." (page 155)

So here we have "multiaccess network", use that as a synonym for ethernet
segment. (there are other multiaccess networks...)

In that case answer "C" is correct.  Unfortunately, the All-In-One didn't
present it in those terms.....

Which is why the list always recommends more than one book .

Hope that gets you closer.

Kevin Wigle