Hi,

I was under the impression - If the remote end gets an error it asks the sending
device to retransmit.  This retransmitted packet came from the originator not the
router. The store and forward as I understood it got a packet if all looked ok it sent
it on if not it dropped it and sent back an error message.

Does the router keep the packets once forwarded?  No I don't think so.

I would need to read this again but I think it was in the

CCIE Prep Kit 350-001 Routing and Switching

Author(s): BaerWolf, Inc., Lucent NetworkCare
ISBN: 078972359X
Publisher: Que

Teunis,
Hobart, Tasmania