From: Christopher Larson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 3:22 PM
To: 'Jeremy Dumoit'; Brant Stevens; Dennis Laganiere;
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: not quite sure...

HDLC will not retransmit as there is only error detection in HDLC, but no
error correction. This is the same with Frame-relay. Frame-relay, and HDLC
will detect and discard errored frames but will not retransmit those frames.
They depend on upper layers (like TCP for TCP/IP) to recognize there is a
missing packet and correct that error.