From: Kevin L. Kultgen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 2:34 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dialer NAT backup dilemma

I have scoured all the books I have and CCO for an answer but keep coming up
dry.  So I hope someone has an answer.  It's not an ovely complex scenario,
and I would think that someone else has tripped across it before.

I have a client that requires 24x7 Internet Access.  The have a DSL Modem
plugged into a 2611 (Eth 0/0) and a BRI NT1 WIC for backup.  I can get it
all to work, in terms of floating static routes and connectivity, but the
catch is that they use a private address space and require the use of NAT.
NAT doesn't appear to fail over.  Actually it does but it continues to use
the address of the Ethernet 0/0 interface, (Same for a Tunnel interface that
they have).  Is there a way to set NAT up so that the address will change to
the new address assigned to the Dialer Interface?  Maybe same for the
Tunnel.  I was thinking that a Loopback interface may be required but keep
failing to see the appropriate usage...

Any ideas?  Like I said, it's not hugely complex and I'm sure that other
people have tripped across it, but I don't see it documented anywhere.

--
Kevin L. Kultgen