What with the talk going on about load balancing
between two PIXs, it has gotten me curious about
another scenario.

[RouterA]  [RouterB]
    |          |
     ----------

        [PIX]

      [RouterC]

In this scenario, I have two routers connecting to the
Internet, a PIX behind it, and one router (router C)
behind the PIX. I have two default routes on RouterC
pointing to the other two, so that it would try to
load balance between them, and then I have two static
routes pointing to the PIX for recursive lookup of the
default route next hops.
My question is, RouterC would try to load balancing to
the other two routers, but when the packet gets to the
PIX, does the PIX make its own routing decision from
that point? In which case, whatever routes I had on
RouterC wouldn't matter and load balancing wouldn't
work.
My assumption is yes. The PIX is basically a router
and not a switch. So the only way I can see this
working is to tunnel through the PIX (security hole)
or put another router in front of it to load balance.
Any thoughts?

Michael