Greetings,

I was in this type of senerio.  To load balance the firewalls
 2-Nokia-Checkpoint) we used 4 Cisco (Arrowpoint) 11000.  They  are in
failover mode with identical configs. One and two are in front of the
firewalls.  Three and four are below the firewalls.  The trick is to make
the conversations stick to the firewall who is assigned to do this.  A
single firewall must keep the conversation.  If another gets it, it will
drop it as it has no knowledge of it.  This means that you must have "load
balancing on both sides of the firewall.  I am not sure how this would be
handeled if the firewalls were clustered.

Does this help?

--
A. Dominick Marino

Quality Networking Inc.