Hey all,

        I've been reading into BSCN here lately with Cisco press books. In the book
there is a fairly detailed discussion of OSPF. I'm not in the least opposed
to learning it. One thing I would like to understand is why an organization
would use it. Is this used in ISP's? What are the advantages of it over say,
EIGRP? I always see it compared to RIPv1 but I find it silly for advanced
routing protocols to be compared with ripV1.

Please forgive me if this is shortsighted of me.

Thanks in advance,
Dave