Try changing the baud rate on your PC/laptop.  The default is 9600, but
the console port can be changed to use 4800, 2400, and 1200 by making
modifications to the configuration register.  If you can get it to work,
start out by doing password recovery by changing the register to 0x2142
and rebooting.  This will set it to ignore NVRAM and also reset the
console speed back to 9600.  When you've finished the password recovery
procedure, make sure to set the register back to 0x2102.

HTH,
John

>>> "Shawn P Bolan" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/21/01 12:51:05 PM >>>
I received a 2523 via a private purchase and am having problems making
console connection.  The settings call for 8-N-2 (no flow control),
which I
am using.  I am using HyperTerminal with a connector/cable that works
with
my other routers, but not this one.  The power light is green, but no
other
indicators.

Any ideas?  Thank you.

--