Thanks for the idea....yes, I have tried from different pc's and even with
different terminal connectors/cables, although the one I normally use is a
"known good" as it works w/my other 4 routers - no problem.  Also the
previous owner reset all of the interfaces so getting a telnet connection is
not possible.