I don't think that module is even supported in the 2600's. Someone correct
me if I'm wrong, but can't you only use the NM-1E or NM-2W, not a NM-1E2W in
the 2600's

-----Original Message-----
From: John Neiberger [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, March 23, 2001 3:42 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: 2610 Serial Interface Puzzler

Those modules are numbered from right to left, but only includes
installed modules, I believe.  If you had two installed, they would
be--from left to right--1/1 and 1/0.

>>> "Gareth Hinton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/23/01 2:50:43 PM

Hi All,

Can anybody please explain the following:

I've been messing with a 2600 with an NM1E2W running 12.1(5)T
I put a WIC1T in to slot W0, so this understandably became Serial 1/0.
Powered down, removed WIC1T and restarted then WR MEM so any config for
S1/0
is gone.
Powered down. Inserted WIC1T into slot W1.
This also came up as S1/0 as opposed to what I would have expected
(S1/1).
I had successful connections on S1/0 while WIC1T was in either slot.

I'd be interested to see what happens with two WIC1T's in but had to
get the
router on line before I could get hold of another WIC1T.

Anyone know the reason for this?

Thanks,

Gareth