>Why would you want to, I mean if you're connected to 2 ases, isn't the
>point that from any prospective source, the best path to you should be
>taken?
>
>       Bri

I can't quite track when either "load balancing" or "load sharing"
entered this discussion.  The former is the more difficult:  assuming
equal cost paths, ensuring that an equal amount of traffic flows over
each path.  At best, this can be controlled in the outward direction
only, and still may not be very precise.  Per-packet load balancing
among different AS is likely to cause terrible out-of-sequence
effects.  Per-destination load balancing works well only to the
extent that the essentially identical amount of traffic goes to each
destination.  Per-source-destination-pair is probably the best
available method.

Load sharing does not pretend to be as precise as load balancing, and
thus is more likely to be realistic.  Nevertheless, the BGP routing
system was never designed to do eiter load balancing or load sharing.
There is an increasing tendency to inject more-specific routes into
it for load-sharing/traffic control, backup, etc., and it is this
injection of additional state that is raising serious concerns about
the overall scalability of this routing system.