If I remember correctly, in that mode on a 2500 series router, routing
is disabled.  If your TFTP server is not directly attached to the
ethernet port then you need to set a default gateway using the "ip
default-gateway" command to provide connectivity to the network.  If you
can ping your TFTP server from the router you should be able to try the
upgrade again.

HTH,
John

>>> "Niraj Palikhey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> 3/26/01 10:44:58 PM >>>
Hi,
When I was upgrading the IOS on a 2514 router via tftp, the connection
was
lost while the router was trying to download the new ios from the tftp

server(after having erased the existing ios!!). The router retried a
couple
of times and I was finally forced to reboot the router. The routers now

boots to the mini-ios(gives me the Router(boot)> prompt. What can I do
successfully upgrade the ios on this router.
Thank you for your help.
Regards,
[EMAIL PROTECTED]