SIN typically refers to EIGRP's support for AT, IPX
and IP routing with isolation between them on the wire
- a different table and hello/update process runs for
each.

OSPF and EIGRP can run on routers concurrently,
however, administrative distance will effectively kill
duplicate routes. Summarization and other techniques
to control routes can allow both to effectively run on
the same wire/domain, but then we get to 'why?' I hope
this is a lab question or an overlay centric IGP
migration... ;)

--- Fred Danson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Wait a sec, I thought ships in the night meant that
> 2 ROUTED protocols are
> running concurrently without knowledge of eachother.
> Running 2 routing
> protocols has nothing to do with ships in the night,
> right?
>
> Fred
>

> >From: "Raul F. Fernandez" Reply-To: "Raul F.
> Fernandez" To: "Thomas" ,
> >Subject: RE: EIGRP and OSPF Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001
> 22:42:55 -0400
> >
> >Yes you can .....they are ships in the night. The
> never see each other.
> >
> >Raul
> >
> >-----Original Message----- From:
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]